With the change in seasons, DC has been getting colder and colder by the day. Before I went to Howard, I swear the cold weather didn’t affect me as much as it does now. Rhode Island is usually about 10 degrees colder than DC’s temperature. When I started living in DC, needless to say I’ve been spoiled.
Well, with these new cold temperatures, I’ve also developed a cold. I woke up yesterday with a stuffy nose and sore throat. OF COURSE I have to get sick the one weekend I actually have plans. This Friday is my best friend’s 23rd birthday and it is Howard’s Homecoming weekend. I’ve been stocking up on all cold remedies and they have actually been working! I wanted to share with you all 5 of my top common cold remedies, since a lot of people I know are getting colds during the change of seasons! (I’m nothing close to a doctor, these remedies just work for me and could work for you too!)
- Raspberry Emergen-C (1000mg Vitamin C)
- Stash Tea Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea (P.S. I put extra lemon slices and honey with the tea bag in my mug before pouring the boiling water in!) -The ginger in the tea helps sooth a sore throat as well.
- Ricola Natural Herb Cough Drops Original Flavor (These are really helpful if you have a sore throat and I just like the way they taste.)
- Vicks Dayquil & Nightquil – Whenever I have a cold this is my go to medicine. Always helps with my cold symptoms and gets me through the day and gets me through a good night sleep.
- Zicam Cold Ultra RapidMelts – Helps shorten the duration of your cold! I hate being sick and this just help shorten the time! It also helps reduce my cold symptoms.