Yesterday, I decided to make my own Chicken and Spinach Alfredo. I literally just randomly was craving it so I went to the store and decided to make my own recipe. I rarely use recipes word for word, I usually throw ingredients together that sound good to me and start cooking! It’s more fun that way for me and I can show my creative side a little. Here is what I used in my Chicken and Spinach Alfredo!
This will make around 3-4 servings.
- 1 pound of pasta (I used elbows, but any pasta you like would work!)
- 2 handful’s of fresh spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 jar of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Pam nonstick spray
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated cheese
- Boil water in a saucepan big enough for a pound of pasta.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove on Medium-high and spray Pam non stick spray all over the pan.
- Add the cut chicken breast to the pan and season the top side of the chicken well with the onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling add the pasta. Sprinkle salt into the water after the pasta is added.
- Once the chicken starts cooking, flip the chicken and season the other side with onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- I like my chicken to be cooked until it’s brown on each side. Once the chicken is brown on each side turn down the temperature to low to keep the chicken warm.
- Your pasta should be done cooking now and you can strain the pasta from the water. After you strain the pasta put it back into the pan you cooked it in so it will stay warm while you make your sauce.
- Now add another frying pan to the stove. Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and let it heat up on Medium. (If you don’t like spinach in your chicken alfredo you can omit steps 9-11.)
- Once the oil is hot in the pan add however much spinach you want in your pasta. I put two handfuls in mine which was perfect!
- Once the spinach is cooked down, you can add it in the pan with your chicken.
- Once you have the chicken and spinach in the same pan you can add the Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce.
- Stir the sauce into the chicken and spinach.
- After sauce is made you can now stir it into the pasta!!
- Now, you can add a little grated cheese if you want and enjoy!!!
I know I listed those pink latex pants on my wish list a couple posts back, but guysss…I found another pair of light pink latex pants that I completely fell in love with. I bought them on Meshki (an Australian fashion brand) and it was actually my first purchase from them! I really liked the quality and my package was delivered pretty fast! I would definitely order from them again. I put together a bomb outfit to go with these pants for my best friends birthday outing. Here are the pictures to prove it:
Last weekend was my best friend’s birthday. She decided to have her birthday dinner at the Sugar Factory at Pentagon City. This restaurant was really an experience. There is loud, fun music and their drinks are the best! SO yummy and they’re strong enough that they are worth the price.
The food was decent, but I truly think people go there for the experience. If you have your birthday there you are able to chose a dessert and they come out with sparklers on top of your dessert to the song of your choice and they hype you up as you dance to their birthday song. It was a really fun time in there. We went on a Friday so there was a lot of birthdays also being celebrated that night. It kind of added to the experience though. It was like sharing your birthday with other people in the restaurant. Overall a really good time. Here are some pictures from our time at the Sugar Factory!
Check out my next blog post for outfit details of this night!
The new trend of activated charcoal is always all over my Instagram timeline. I’ve been seeing celebrities and old friends brushing their teeth with activated charcoal. I have to admit I was really skeptical at first. I waited a while to see if anything or anyone talked down on the trend and I just didn’t ever here any negative feedback. I was on Amazon the other day and I stumbled upon an activated charcoal toothpaste. It grabbed my interest and I scrolled through the reviews. People were saying it was working after only one use! I know you can’t believe everything on the internet but Amazon reviews have been trustworthy in my purchases in the past, so I decided to give it a try! I did a little before and after experiment for you guys!
Below I have attached the picture of the activated charcoal toothpaste I purchased.
This is before I used the toothpaste…
And this is after!!!
You can definitely see the difference! With this specific toothpaste it doesn’t have a bad taste and my mouth feels fresh for the rest of the day. I would totally recommend! You can find it on Amazon!
I love shopping. I really always have. I remember being around 4 or 5 years old, going shopping with my mother and my grandmother, and I would always get so excited when it was time for me to get something new. Mostly shoes and clothes would get me the MOST excited. New clothes and shoes will still, to this day, just make me feel good inside. I’m not quite sure what really excites me more than new clothes and shoes. Go ahead, call me materialistic. I just consider it more of a hobby.
My current budget isn’t the most supportive of my hobby, unfortunately. I wanted to share with you all some things on my current wishlist that I’m trying my hardest not to put on my credit card.
- These pink vinyl pants are from http://www.theunicornuniverse.com and I’m obsessed. I’ve been a fan of vinyl pants for about a year now, but this color is just so rare. Wouldn’t you love to rock these with some bomb a$$ heels? Am I right?
- Nike Vapormax are by far my favorite Nike shoe (as of right now, of course). I have two pairs right now one is the multicolor slip on Vapormax and the other pair is the 97 Airmax Vapormax’s in gold. They’re such a comfortable sneaker and I love the way they look! I love this color and I don’t have any sneakers like these! They would be a perfect addition to my collection. (www.finishline.com)
- I know I already told y’all I have two pairs and just listed another pair above these. But I really, really, really want this black pair. I’m in need of a pair of black, fresh sneaks and I believe these are them. I am actually selling some stuff on Poshmark to put the money towards these! (www.finishline.com)
- If you knew me, you’d know I have a legit faux fur collection in my closet. I am soooo grateful the winter season is coming so I can bust out my furs! This red coat would truly be an asset added to my collection. I love the red for the holiday season and I’ve been seeing people with this jacket in different colors on Instagram, but this red is a NEED for me! A need may be a tad bit dramatic, but I really would love to add this coat to my collection. (www.houseofcb.com)
- Last but not least, this black blazer is everything. You can dress it up, you can dress it down…and it would go so well with so much in my closet. Blazers are in and this blazer is just perfection to me. (www.houseofcb.com)
Looking for happy hour outfit ideas? I wanted to share a outfit that I wore out to a happy hour over this past weekend. You can always turn a simple outfit into a steppin’ out outfit…all that matters is the shoes. These are my favorite go-to heeled booties. They’re comfortable and never fail at stepping up my outfits on a night out. I got them last year from Steve Madden.
White Bodysuit: http://www.fashionnova.com
Ripped Jeans: http://www.fashionnova.com
Black Heeled Booties: http://www.stevemadden.com
I had fallen in love with kickboxing this past summer at a small gym in my hometown. They had the best instructors (we still follow each other on instagram) and just the best workout environment. I would have never guessed I would actually like kickboxing considering I consider myself a lover not a fighter, but when I hit that bag it gives me the adrenaline I need to to push through the workout and get the results I’m looking for. Kickboxing brings so many health benefits, not only for the body but for the mind as well! And the workout literally kicks my ass. Personally, I’ve toned my muscles, lost fat, and been able to deal with stress much easier since starting. Today, I had the pleasure of joining a kickboxing gym near my apartment here in DC. Today’s workout consisted of 15 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) and 45 minutes of bag work. It honestly made me miss home a little bit, but this gym was really nice as well. I truly felt how out of shape I have gotten from my little break of working out since I moved back to DC. Our instructor was intense and really gave us a good work out. Let me tell you, those 15 minutes of HIIT felt like it lasted at least more than half the class. That part is always the toughest part of the workout for me. I always tell myself the hardest part of the workout is getting there and the best feeling is when you’re done.