Yesterday, I decided to make my own Chicken and Spinach Alfredo. I literally just randomly was craving it so I went to the store and decided to make my own recipe. I rarely use recipes word for word, I usually throw ingredients together that sound good to me and start cooking! It’s more fun that way for me and I can show my creative side a little. Here is what I used in my Chicken and Spinach Alfredo!
This will make around 3-4 servings.
- 1 pound of pasta (I used elbows, but any pasta you like would work!)
- 2 handful’s of fresh spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 jar of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Pam nonstick spray
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated cheese
- Boil water in a saucepan big enough for a pound of pasta.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove on Medium-high and spray Pam non stick spray all over the pan.
- Add the cut chicken breast to the pan and season the top side of the chicken well with the onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling add the pasta. Sprinkle salt into the water after the pasta is added.
- Once the chicken starts cooking, flip the chicken and season the other side with onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- I like my chicken to be cooked until it’s brown on each side. Once the chicken is brown on each side turn down the temperature to low to keep the chicken warm.
- Your pasta should be done cooking now and you can strain the pasta from the water. After you strain the pasta put it back into the pan you cooked it in so it will stay warm while you make your sauce.
- Now add another frying pan to the stove. Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and let it heat up on Medium. (If you don’t like spinach in your chicken alfredo you can omit steps 9-11.)
- Once the oil is hot in the pan add however much spinach you want in your pasta. I put two handfuls in mine which was perfect!
- Once the spinach is cooked down, you can add it in the pan with your chicken.
- Once you have the chicken and spinach in the same pan you can add the Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce.
- Stir the sauce into the chicken and spinach.
- After sauce is made you can now stir it into the pasta!!
- Now, you can add a little grated cheese if you want and enjoy!!!
I know I listed those pink latex pants on my wish list a couple posts back, but guysss…I found another pair of light pink latex pants that I completely fell in love with. I bought them on Meshki (an Australian fashion brand) and it was actually my first purchase from them! I really liked the quality and my package was delivered pretty fast! I would definitely order from them again. I put together a bomb outfit to go with these pants for my best friends birthday outing. Here are the pictures to prove it:
Last weekend was my best friend’s birthday. She decided to have her birthday dinner at the Sugar Factory at Pentagon City. This restaurant was really an experience. There is loud, fun music and their drinks are the best! SO yummy and they’re strong enough that they are worth the price.
The food was decent, but I truly think people go there for the experience. If you have your birthday there you are able to chose a dessert and they come out with sparklers on top of your dessert to the song of your choice and they hype you up as you dance to their birthday song. It was a really fun time in there. We went on a Friday so there was a lot of birthdays also being celebrated that night. It kind of added to the experience though. It was like sharing your birthday with other people in the restaurant. Overall a really good time. Here are some pictures from our time at the Sugar Factory!
Check out my next blog post for outfit details of this night!
With the change in seasons, DC has been getting colder and colder by the day. Before I went to Howard, I swear the cold weather didn’t affect me as much as it does now. Rhode Island is usually about 10 degrees colder than DC’s temperature. When I started living in DC, needless to say I’ve been spoiled.
Well, with these new cold temperatures, I’ve also developed a cold. I woke up yesterday with a stuffy nose and sore throat. OF COURSE I have to get sick the one weekend I actually have plans. This Friday is my best friend’s 23rd birthday and it is Howard’s Homecoming weekend. I’ve been stocking up on all cold remedies and they have actually been working! I wanted to share with you all 5 of my top common cold remedies, since a lot of people I know are getting colds during the change of seasons! (I’m nothing close to a doctor, these remedies just work for me and could work for you too!)
- Raspberry Emergen-C (1000mg Vitamin C)
- Stash Tea Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea (P.S. I put extra lemon slices and honey with the tea bag in my mug before pouring the boiling water in!) -The ginger in the tea helps sooth a sore throat as well.
- Ricola Natural Herb Cough Drops Original Flavor (These are really helpful if you have a sore throat and I just like the way they taste.)
- Vicks Dayquil & Nightquil – Whenever I have a cold this is my go to medicine. Always helps with my cold symptoms and gets me through the day and gets me through a good night sleep.
- Zicam Cold Ultra RapidMelts – Helps shorten the duration of your cold! I hate being sick and this just help shorten the time! It also helps reduce my cold symptoms.
The new trend of activated charcoal is always all over my Instagram timeline. I’ve been seeing celebrities and old friends brushing their teeth with activated charcoal. I have to admit I was really skeptical at first. I waited a while to see if anything or anyone talked down on the trend and I just didn’t ever here any negative feedback. I was on Amazon the other day and I stumbled upon an activated charcoal toothpaste. It grabbed my interest and I scrolled through the reviews. People were saying it was working after only one use! I know you can’t believe everything on the internet but Amazon reviews have been trustworthy in my purchases in the past, so I decided to give it a try! I did a little before and after experiment for you guys!
Below I have attached the picture of the activated charcoal toothpaste I purchased.
This is before I used the toothpaste…
And this is after!!!
You can definitely see the difference! With this specific toothpaste it doesn’t have a bad taste and my mouth feels fresh for the rest of the day. I would totally recommend! You can find it on Amazon!
I love shopping. I really always have. I remember being around 4 or 5 years old, going shopping with my mother and my grandmother, and I would always get so excited when it was time for me to get something new. Mostly shoes and clothes would get me the MOST excited. New clothes and shoes will still, to this day, just make me feel good inside. I’m not quite sure what really excites me more than new clothes and shoes. Go ahead, call me materialistic. I just consider it more of a hobby.
My current budget isn’t the most supportive of my hobby, unfortunately. I wanted to share with you all some things on my current wishlist that I’m trying my hardest not to put on my credit card.
- These pink vinyl pants are from http://www.theunicornuniverse.com and I’m obsessed. I’ve been a fan of vinyl pants for about a year now, but this color is just so rare. Wouldn’t you love to rock these with some bomb a$$ heels? Am I right?
- Nike Vapormax are by far my favorite Nike shoe (as of right now, of course). I have two pairs right now one is the multicolor slip on Vapormax and the other pair is the 97 Airmax Vapormax’s in gold. They’re such a comfortable sneaker and I love the way they look! I love this color and I don’t have any sneakers like these! They would be a perfect addition to my collection. (www.finishline.com)
- I know I already told y’all I have two pairs and just listed another pair above these. But I really, really, really want this black pair. I’m in need of a pair of black, fresh sneaks and I believe these are them. I am actually selling some stuff on Poshmark to put the money towards these! (www.finishline.com)
- If you knew me, you’d know I have a legit faux fur collection in my closet. I am soooo grateful the winter season is coming so I can bust out my furs! This red coat would truly be an asset added to my collection. I love the red for the holiday season and I’ve been seeing people with this jacket in different colors on Instagram, but this red is a NEED for me! A need may be a tad bit dramatic, but I really would love to add this coat to my collection. (www.houseofcb.com)
- Last but not least, this black blazer is everything. You can dress it up, you can dress it down…and it would go so well with so much in my closet. Blazers are in and this blazer is just perfection to me. (www.houseofcb.com)
I’ve been attending Howard University for four years now and I am currently in my fifth year. As most of America knows, Howard’s financial aid office is a mess. I’ve been extremely lucky the past four years I’ve attended and I have not had to deal with any financial aid mishaps. Of course, by the luck of Howard, they couldn’t let me out with out any financial aid troubles.
This semester financial aid threw me for a loop. I was calling and calling because my Parent Plus Loan still had said offered, when it should have said accepted. One day I got fed up waiting and was scared all my classes would get dropped, and I decided to go in to the actual Financial Aid office. I guess, as of last year the Financial Aid Office number actually connects you to a call center instead of the actual Financial Aid Office that actually have power over your loans. The call center is a complete waste of your time and I learnt that just in time to graduate. Long story short I had to go into the Financial Aid Office to tell them to do their job about 3 times total before my issues were actually finished. Not only did I have to physically go in the office 3 times, but let me also remind you that each time I went there was a 2+ hours wait. I really don’t think I would even have gotten my loans this semester if I didn’t go in, which is so crazy to me. I really needed my refund check before October 1st because ya girls’ funds are running low and rent is about to be due.
I’m not sure if any of you know, but Howard had a huge financial aid scandal where employees were stealing money from students through the financial aid process. This was a huge upset for Howard University and it’s students didn’t take it lightly. There was a student protest for days in which students were demanding certain things from the University and actually took over the whole Administration building. People were even sleeping in there. I personally didn’t get involved because at that time I never had any serious financial issues and something like that isn’t really my scene. But power to the people, for sure.
Anyways, I got my refund check this weekend, so now ya girl is stress free…for now.
Looking for happy hour outfit ideas? I wanted to share a outfit that I wore out to a happy hour over this past weekend. You can always turn a simple outfit into a steppin’ out outfit…all that matters is the shoes. These are my favorite go-to heeled booties. They’re comfortable and never fail at stepping up my outfits on a night out. I got them last year from Steve Madden.
White Bodysuit: http://www.fashionnova.com
Ripped Jeans: http://www.fashionnova.com
Black Heeled Booties: http://www.stevemadden.com
I try to eat healthy during the week, which I do for the most part, but on the weekends… I cheat on my diet sometimes. Probably more than sometimes, but I’m not a judger, so neither are you.
So, this past Friday me and my best friend decided to try CRISP Kitchen and Bar. We had saw there Instagram page on a DC foodie Instagram account a while ago (can’t remember which one unfortunately), and we had saw that they had a daily happy hour from 5-9 PM. This was not a regular happy hour, but a BOGO happy hour! Yes buy one, get one free. I got took advantage of the BOGO deal and had two of their craft cocktails of the drink called cocktail formerly know as. I also ordered their Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings and they were as good as they sound. They’re a little on the bigger size than my liking but the outer fried layer and the sauce make up for it. I’m a really picky wing eater and too be honest I haven’t had much luck finding good ass wings in DC. Like sometimes wings can gross me out, but it’s just when they’re like ginormous sized wings. I have way more specifications, but I’m not going to go into all that. But anyways, these wings are really good and I’m a tough wing critic.
I just love food.
I have not always been a religious person. I grew up in a Episcopalian church in my hometown. My parents always instilled the belief of God and going to heaven one day. I wouldn’t say I had a strict religious upbringing. I have been baptized and received my confirmation in the same church I grew up in. I was actually baptized with my father, which will always be special for the two of us.
When I was swimming really competitively in high school, swimming for my club team and my high school team, it kind of took over my life in more ways than one. I was swimming 7 days a week with two practices during the week, while still in high school. When my competitive swimming got more and more intense, the less and less I would attend church. We were always at swimming competitions over the weekend that would last Friday through Sunday. There was just no time and we just never took the time for it either.
I really haven’t been actively involved with God and my faith since I went to that church as a child. There was times during high school and the beginning of my college years that I also questioned my faith. I wasn’t sure where my faith was and I was not focused on the true meaning of actually having faith.
In my opinion, you don’t necessarily have to go to church every Sunday to have faith and believe in God. This past year has been such a turning point for me and I do thank God for it. I’ve grown up and realized so many things that I had been doing that wasn’t really me and the person I had become wasn’t the person God had put me on this Earth to be. I am so thankful I got my faith back. I feel more alive than ever. I am living my best life because I have faith and know that God will not throw anything my way I can’t handle.
On another note, I take a lot of Ubers. Uber is definitely the way I survive in DC. I have my own car at home, but during my time in DC I strictly rely on Uber. I’ve never really been a public transportation type of gal. Since I spend so much time in Ubers, I’ve realized I’ve been doing a lot of praying in them. They are the best, most quiet atmosphere that I’m able to strictly think only about God and pray for myself and the people I love. The point of this post I am sharing with you, is that if you have faith, it doesn’t matter where you do your worship. But take time to thank God for what you have and who you have in your life. Even during your Uber rides.