Yesterday, I decided to make my own Chicken and Spinach Alfredo. I literally just randomly was craving it so I went to the store and decided to make my own recipe. I rarely use recipes word for word, I usually throw ingredients together that sound good to me and start cooking! It’s more fun that way for me and I can show my creative side a little. Here is what I used in my Chicken and Spinach Alfredo!
This will make around 3-4 servings.
- 1 pound of pasta (I used elbows, but any pasta you like would work!)
- 2 handful’s of fresh spinach
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 jar of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Pam nonstick spray
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grated cheese
- Boil water in a saucepan big enough for a pound of pasta.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove on Medium-high and spray Pam non stick spray all over the pan.
- Add the cut chicken breast to the pan and season the top side of the chicken well with the onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling add the pasta. Sprinkle salt into the water after the pasta is added.
- Once the chicken starts cooking, flip the chicken and season the other side with onion powder, garlic powder, and Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
- I like my chicken to be cooked until it’s brown on each side. Once the chicken is brown on each side turn down the temperature to low to keep the chicken warm.
- Your pasta should be done cooking now and you can strain the pasta from the water. After you strain the pasta put it back into the pan you cooked it in so it will stay warm while you make your sauce.
- Now add another frying pan to the stove. Add extra virgin olive oil to the pan and let it heat up on Medium. (If you don’t like spinach in your chicken alfredo you can omit steps 9-11.)
- Once the oil is hot in the pan add however much spinach you want in your pasta. I put two handfuls in mine which was perfect!
- Once the spinach is cooked down, you can add it in the pan with your chicken.
- Once you have the chicken and spinach in the same pan you can add the Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce.
- Stir the sauce into the chicken and spinach.
- After sauce is made you can now stir it into the pasta!!
- Now, you can add a little grated cheese if you want and enjoy!!!